I totally ripped this off from Karen ’cause I needed something for today. I swear, still a list of thought-provoking posts coming, but who knows when they’ll actually be posted.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Love it in all its stinky glory.
2. Have you ever smoked? Never once.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Tropical Punch. Funny story: in college, my roommate was a HUGE fan of Tropical Punch Kool Aid and made it all the time. Once when making it (in a roomful of people and thus distracted), she lost count of how much sugar she put in. She thought it was supposed to have 2 cups…put in four…supposed to have one. We saw through time that night.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I’ve been to so many freaking doctor appointments that I don’t unless it’s something reallllly bad.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love them. BUT…they must be Vienna Beef Hot Dogs on a poppy seed bun, yellow mustard, neon green relish, tomatoes, sport peppers, a pickle spear, and celery salt. Yes, I am from Chicago, why do you ask? ;)
7. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. SQUIRREL!!!!!!
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Coffee. Get between me and the coffee pot and you’d better have life insurance.
9. Can you do push ups? Bet your sweet ass I can. I may be woefully out of shape, but I can do pushups. Just don’t ask how many.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Wedding ring…it’s repaired, just have to go pick it up.
11. Favorite hobby? Scrapbooking
12. Do you have A.D.D? No, I don’t think s….hey, a puppy!
13. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? Ohhhh, that’s a whole different post, trust me.
14. Middle name? Elizabeth
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
1) my feet are cold
2) Dvorak’s Symphony #9 Finale is a kick-ass piece of music
3) is the heat on?
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? coffee, red wine, water
17. Current worry? Yet another separate post, but let’s go with A’s eosinophilic esophagitis clinic appointment next month
18. Current hate right now? that my feet are cold
19. Favorite place to be? after home, retreat up in Winter Park, and Victoria, British Columbia
20. How did you bring in the new year? A family New Year’s party at a friend’s house. This year will not be as fun, unfortunately.
21. Where would you like to go? someplace where my feet would be warm
22. Name three people who might complete this: anyone else doing NaBloPoMo and needing a post
23. Do you own slippers? yes, and my feet are cold because I don’t have them on
24. What shirt are you wearing? black mock turtleneck
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? nah, gimme flannel (are we sensing a theme here?)
26. Can you whistle? yup, though A tops me; he does this whistle/gurgle thing that’s really cool ’til you’ve just had enough and have to tell him to shove it
27. Favorite color? periwinkle
28. Would you be a pirate? Do I get Orlando Bloom and/or Johnny Depp? Please?
29. What songs do you sing in the AM? Um…huh…I don’t
30. Favorite Girl’s Name: Elizabeth and Fallon
31. Favorite boy’s name: used ’em for the boys
32. What’s in your pocket right now? lint
33. Last thing that made you laugh? right now: A is on an eating binge–it’s 9:30. I think he’s going through a growth spurt
34. What vehicle do you drive? Honda Odyssey
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Sigh…when I was a junior in high school, I was sitting cross legged on the floor for a loooong time. My foot fell asleep up to the hip. The doorbell rang and I hobbled over to get it…and my left foot, which I couldn’t feel, dragged and I landed on it with my full weight. Snapped the ligaments in my foot. My parents weren’t home (this was in the day before cell phones…the Dark Ages), it was blizzarding out, and I couldn’t walk. I called a friend to come take me to the ER, where they wouldn’t touch me til they could reach my parents (being 17, I was underage). I was on crutches for over 8 weeks. Still twinges from time to time.
36. Do you love where you live? oh hell yes! See that header? I took that picture from my back porch. ‘Nuff said.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
38. Who is your loudest friend? do my kids count?
39. Do you have any pets? Rosie the Wonder Basset
40. Does someone have a crush on you? beats me, but dang, the wonders that would do for my self-esteem!
41. Your favorite book(s): oh, I really have too many to mention
42. Do you collect anything? scrapbook supplies
43. Favorite Sports Team? my beloved Chicago Cubs
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral by Richard Wagner–by a wind symphony, not an orchestra. Hey, my funeral, my rules.