A little more than 2 weeks ago Tom and I loaded everything but the kitchen sink into the Family Funster and hit the road. It must be noted that we left at the unholy hour of 3:30 am, so we could get over most of northeastern Colorado and Nebraska before the summer heat and thunderstorms hit. This was no small trip:
- Six states
- Both sets of grandparents
- A stay on a farm in Amish country
- A business trip for Tom
- A convention for me
- A fishing trip for the boys
- The Bristol Renaissance Faire
- A tour of the Army base where my brother is stationed
- A trip to the mecca known as IKEA, and I actually got to buy stuff!
- Dim Sum in Chicago’s Chinatown
- Family/cousin photos for the boys
We got home yesterday afternoon to a two-foot stack of mail, the six loads of laundry I couldn’t get done in Chicago, a lawn in desperate need of mowing, and two parents who would rather gouge their eyes out with rusty spoons than hear, “Hey Mom? I’ hunry!” one.more.frackin’.time.
It was a good trip, but I ain’t doing that again in the near future. It’s good to be home.
Filed under: family |